Watch Me !
We specialize in Puppy Kindergarten classes and have been teaching them for over 20 years. Most classes are taught by Micki Lague DVM, a veterinarian, trainer, and breeder of top quality Golden Retrievers. Experienced club members (usually 2) assist with this class.
This important (and FUN!) class consists of 4 lessons and is for puppies from 8 weeks to 4 months of age.
Our puppy kindergarten classes are a combination of puppy socialization, basic obedience and behavior solutions class. So, our ONE puppy class covers what other trainers cover in three separate classes !
- If you only do one training class with your dog, this is THE CLASS
- During this class we will allow plenty of time for your puppy to socialize with the other puppies and people under the supervision of our training instructor. Having our instructor SUPERVISE the play time helps prevent your puppy from becoming afraid or aggressive toward other dogs.
- The class covers basic obedience including: attention, focus, sit, down, stay, come when called, walk on a leash without pulling, "leave it alone", and how to stop jumping up on people
- Simple, effective methods to stop unwanted behaviors (i.e. chewing, nipping, jumping, housebreaking, and barking) will be covered
- We also introduce the puppies to agility equipment as a way to build confidence and have fun. PEASE NOTE UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE, COVID-19 Compliant classes will not use agility equipment.
- Classes are taught indoors.
- This class follows the AKC STAR PUPPY curriculum.
- Age Requirements: Puppies 8 - 16 weeks of age. Puppies must have had a minimum of 2 parvo-distemper vaccines. Kennel cough vaccination recommended.
- Duration: 1 four week session - 1 hr classes
- Location: Ursuline Centre Gymnasium
- Price: $50. A discount is available for 2 or more puppies belonging to the same owner and for puppies adopted from the shelter.
- Class Size: limited to no more than 6 puppies per class. This allows lots of individual attention for you and your puppy.
Upcoming Class Schedule
Fall 2020 Session: Monday, Sep 14 - OCT 5, 5:30 or 6:30 class
Monday, Oct 12 - Nov 2, 5:30 or 6:30 class
Winter 2021 Session: Monday, Jan 11 - Feb 1, 5:30 only
Spring 2021 Session: Monday, Mar 22 - Apr 12, choice of 5:30 or 6:30 class
Monday, Apr 19 - May 10, choice of 5:30 or 6:30 class
Please e-mail Marie Gamradt, our Training Director to pre-register for a class.