RESOLUTION NO. GFDTC 2017-001
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN of a Resolution of Intention of the Great Falls Dog Training Club to amend ARTICLE I, SECTION 3 of the Constitution and ARTICLE IV of the By-Laws of the said club. A public hearing for all members in good standing of the said club will be held during the regularly scheduled club meeting, Wednesday, May 24, 2017 at 7:00 p.m. at the Ursuline Centre third floor meeting room.
WHEREAS, under Article VII, Amendments, of the Great Falls Dog Training Club Constitution Section 1 “Amendments to the Constitution and Bylaws may be proposed by the board of directors or by written petition addressed to the Secretary signed by 20% of the membership in good standing. Amendments proposed by such petition shall be promptly considered by the board of directors and must be submitted to the members with recommendations of the board by the secretary for a vote within three months of the date when the petition was received by the Secretary.” Section 2 – “The constitution and bylaws may be amended by a two-thirds secret vote of the members present and voting at any regular or special meeting called for the purpose, provided the proposed amendments have been included in the notice of the meeting and mailed to each member at least two weeks prior to the date of the meeting.”
WHEREAS, Amendment 004 was proposed and reviewed by the current Board of Directors of the Great Falls Dog Training Club at a duly publicized meeting of said board on Sunday, April 30, 2017. The proposed amendment was separately mailed/emailed to all current club members by May 10, 2017.
Amendment 004, Great Falls Dog training Club May 10, 2017
- Clarification of Constitution ARTICLE I, SECTION 3. The Club shall not be conducted or operated for profit and no part of any profits or remainder or residue from dues or donations to the Club shall inure to the benefit of any member or individual.
In addition to the above statement:
This specifically describes the distribution of any monies held by the club in the event the club is dissolved in accordance with Article VIII of the By-Laws. Profits or remainder or residue from dues or donations means actual exchange of money such as but not limited to being paid a wage for services (i.e. teaching of classes, conducting a training session, trial chairmanship etc…)
- The By-Laws shall be amended to include an additional SECTION 5 under ARTICLE I SECTION 4 to be titled “Management and Use of Club Funds”.
Funds held by the Great Falls Dog Training Club can be used for but not limited to training, entertainment, and other general purposes as long as they meet the following criteria:
- A detailed proposal must be submitted to the Great Falls Dog Training Club membership outlining the purpose, amount and benefit to the club. (i.e. Obedience foot work seminar). For instance but not limited to (a) training the trainers: Classes and dissemination of information to the general public are an integral part of the GFDTC and in support of ARTICLE I, SECTION 2 of the Constitution.
- The funding request must be offered to all club members in good standing. All members can benefit and need to stay current on training methods. Bringing in a paid instructor at the club’s expense and having club members attend is allowable. There can also be a cost share option – all members wishing to attend training or an educational conference could pay a percentage of the fee outlined in the proposal with the balance being paid with dog club funds.
- Per club policy, any proposal or requisition which exceeds $500 must first be presented to the Board of Directors for review and recommendation.
- The proposal must be voted on and approved by a 2/3 vote of all members in good standing present at the meeting when the proposal is made.
- There must be sufficient funding available and verified by the club treasurer.